Friday, May 24, 2013

What's More Important - Determination Or Talent?

landmarkfiles.com



“The greater part of human pain is unnecessary. It is self-created as long as the unobserved mind runs your life.” ~Eckhart Tolle

What does it take to become a success---determination or talent?

I believe both talent and determination go together, but without strong determination we may never know true success.

How did Michelangelo paint the Sistine Chapel?

He definitely had the talent but without his fearless determination would he get on those scaffolds every day?

Just like Michelangelo, we have scaffolds (fears to overcome) we need to deal with on the road to success. They may not be scaffolds in the literal sense;  but  can be every bit as scary.

Don't worry this is not a self-help lecture, because I am not one to lecture on what I have not conquered yet. 

But I am determined to face the fears that bind me; how about you?

drmichaelroth.wordpress.com
Here's my plan, if you would like to join me.

  • First, write down the top fear I believe may be blocking my road to true success. 
  • Next, write down how I plan on overcoming it. 

For example;  I believe if you're  afraid of swimming, it makes sense to wade in the shallow waters first before jumping into the ocean. It's not that we won't succeed by jumping into the ocean first, it's because we don't believe we can succeed that way.

If we don't believe it we can't achieve it. 

Our first step in overcoming our fears should be a  stretch beyond our comfort zone, but something our mind still feels is achievable. 

My fear of public speaking is a definite roadblock for me, maybe I'll start off talking to small groups of  5 or 10 people.  As my courage and confidence increases so will the amount of people. 

Once we become determined to become a success, nothing can stop us.  Now we are ready to let the world see our brilliance.

Please go to my Creative Touch Art Facebook fanpage I frequently have coupons and prizes.

You can also find my art work in my Etsy shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment